Define, assess and manage operational risks to improve vessels’ safety, security, performance and reputation while achieving the safety management objectives of the ISM Code and TMSA.
With support for risk assessment processes for different types of ships and nature of operations, manage the process of identifying the key operations for vessels and their potential hazards – in association with the execution of tasks during the operations.
Simplified risk assessment process
• Extensive knowledge on quantitative risk analysis is not needed.
• With the use of references and lookups, you can ensure that the data captured is accurate and consistent at all times.
Minimise the complexity of defining Operation – Hazard assessment
• The system comes with a well-designed risk template that helps you build your own risk repository by defining the key operations for a vessel, the tasks involved in the operations and the hazards related to each task.
Get alerted instantly in high risk situations
• Vessel-based users are alerted for approval if high residual risk is detected on the Risk Assessment form.
• Comply with the safe work process till completion by assessing risks, and submitting and issuing Work Permits.
Quick-view of fleet-wide risk assessment progress
• See the residual risk ratings for a vessel’s operation and drill down to show the actual risk assessment carried out.
• Proper review can then determine if the current controls for operations can be further improved to reduce risks related to the operational safety and security on vessels.
Handle risk assessments for complex operations
• Create risk assessment for complex operations where more than one operation is involved, for example, when a need arises to perform the operation – ‘Hot work in confined space’ – which essentially consists of two separate operations.
• Conveniently build and store a list of Complex Operation codes in the BASSnet™ Register sub module that can be quickly selected when creating risk assessment for your complex operations.